My Review of The Venus Factor
I would say, from the products I’ve bought and tried, that as much as half the programs on the market are complete garbage. Then, most of the other half are OK … but they offer very little new… Something certainly not worth paying for.
In my opinion, there are very few programs offering high quality new content. They’ll tell you to exercise and eat less, and you’ll lose weight. How many times haven’t you heard that?
Does it work?
Naturally, with the hype surrounding The Venus Factor, I was suspicious. My sixth sense said it was another over-hyped program. The reviews seemed really good, and the before and after pictures were all promising … Yet, something was holding me back.
After some reading, and debating back and forth … I thought to myself: “why not give it a try?” … Worst case, I’d just use the money-back guarantee and then at least I’ve tried it. If i failed, I would know for sure that it didn’t work. If I never tried it, maybe I lost a great opportunity?
I picked up the program from here, and started right away. Now that I’m done with the 12 week program, I figured I’d do a quick write-up here on my experience.
What is it? What will I get?
Central part in the program is the Venus Index. It takes your waist, hip and height measurements into consideration (see picture above of the Virtual nutritionist), and it will tailor the diet to your needs.
When looking through the product, it becomes evident that this is more than a weight loss program. It is also designed to make you stronger, healthier and toned. The sole purpose of the exercise plan, is not to just burn fat. It is to get an overall healthier body — to get lasting changes. Some products overlook this important factor completely, so naturally I’m glad to find a product focusing on this.
Why lose weight if you are gaining it all back? There are plenty of programs that will make you lose weight, but very few will give you lasting changes: staying toned and sexy next year, in ten years and for as long as you want.
Some programs seem to focus only on the diet part, while modern research concludes that working out is just as important. You may have seen weight loss shows such as ‘The Biggest Loser’ on TV? Have you noticed how they focus a lot on the exercise part? This isn’t a coincidence. You can obviously lose weight with just a diet, the problem is that you will also lose muscle. Now, as we all know, muscles burn fat. The more muscles you have, the more fat you’ll burn. Therefore, an important part of weight loss is to maintain muscle. This is why we often see that people who are trying to lose weight the first time will plateau!
That’s where 90% fail!
Diets with an extremely low calorie intake, or fasting, will lower your leptin levels. This hormone controls appetite, metabolism and several other factors that are important for fat loss. This is even more important for women than for men, as our leptin levels are different.
The program includes (see pictures above):
- A workout plan. Laid out step-by-step. You won’t need any additional expensive equipment for the exercises, they can either be performed at home, at the gym or outside. When clicking one of the exercises in the book, you will see a video demonstration of the exercises. This is really helpful.
- The manual. All the hard science wrapped up in an easy to read book. I’ve always said that in order to lose weight, and keep it off, it is important to know why you are doing the certain steps.
- The virtual nutritionist. This app will, with some input from you, calculate what your body needs during the day in terms of calories and proteins. It is a simple, yet powerful, tool. As you know, your body will change during the diet. Your metabolism and recommended calorie intake will change accordingly. This clever app makes it easy.
- The Venus community. This alone is worth the price of the program. This is a private members area. In this forum, you can interact with fellow users and track your progress. It is different from any other weight loss forum, as it is members only. All users are motivated to do the 12 week program, and offer their tips and motivation.
What is good about the diet? … and bad?
This is a digital product, meaning it is delivered straight after you’ve purchased it. This can be good or bad. A digital product can be made by anyone, so I am usually more critical when buying one (the threshold cost to make a print book is way higher). A digital product is cheaper though, and you get the obvious advantage of having it NOW — an not next week.
My first impression, is that it looks good. The overall quality, and that of the writing is high and it’s well referenced to peer reviewed articles. It simply does what it says in the copy, and more.
All the exercises are linked with videos in the members area, so there is no confusion on how to perform them. Should you have any questions about the exercises, you’ll always get help in the community board.
To put it this way: it does not look like some simple ebook someone threw together.
Considering the low price (at least for now), and all the extras, it’s an awesome deal.
Other than that:
- It cuts away the voodoo part of weight loss. Back to the basics. The essentials. The stuff the actually works. It’s a diet program, but it also allows you to eat the food that you prefer. It’s not one of those systems where you drink soup for 12 weeks.
- It explains why weight loss for women is different. Yes, women have a harder time losing weight than men — one of the reasons being our hormonal balance (see what I wrote about leptin above).
Like in any program. Staying motivated can be hard. Especially in the beginning, when you can’t see the results yet. After a while, when you’ve lost a couple of pounds, and you start to feel the energy from the workouts and healthier lifestyle– it get’s more motivating. The discussion board, for members only, is a great motivation in the first few weeks. Other members are posting about their progress, and I always feel more devoted to a diet when I know it works — it just makes it easier.
But it takes work. It isn’t some magic pill. Then again: nothing worth having in life comes easy. If you work hard, you get what you want. But you should also work smart!
Is it for me?
If you have more than 10 pounds to lose, and you want to tone your body, The Venus Factor diet is for you. Even if you are just considering to lose weight, or want to learn more about exercising and healthy eating — I would personally recommend the program. I don’t usually recommend a product, with my full name, but this time I will. I feel it’s a safe choice, especially with the money-back guarantee.
This program is tuned to the female body, compared to most other products which are generally made for men. It’s also a ‘all-in-one solution’: exercise, dieting, nutrition … You don’t have to buy anything else. All the tools you need to is included. I have yet to see another weight loss program offering the same — though a lot of them claim to do it.
If you’re still not sure if it’s for you take a look at a free video presentation here. It will explain the concepts from the program in more detail, and also why losing weight is so much harder for women than for men.
You can pick it up from the official website here.
If you’re not happy with it, they have a 60 day no-questions asked money back guarantee — leaving no risk for you and me. Then you’ve at least tried it — maybe it will be the first step towards a healthier more sexy body?
Submit your site to 300 search engines free!!!